Saturday, October 4, 2008

Photo Project

HPIM0494
The picture above is the picture I have chosen to talk about. It is one that I took and I feel represents the idea of privacy very well. I took it on a trail through the woods near my apartment and, even though it wasn’t the best day for pictures, it turned out nice. The picture was taken from the side of a hill looking down. It seems to represent privacy for me because the woods are a private place for many people. Many things are hidden there, even just down the trail. As for the photo, I like it primarily because of the trail in it. Beyond telling a story, it provides linear strength to the photo as you follow it beyond the edges. I also made sure to frame it so that the viewer could see the trail winding down from beneath their feet. The rule of thirds is followed to some extent, with the focus on branches on the left. A weaknesses of the photo is that there is no one in it, which adds to the message but gives no perspective of size in the picture.

No comments: